Head of Сommunications and Fundraising – vacancy
Skills/Technical Knowledge and Qualifications:
• B.A. required; PRSA, CFRE or ACFRE certification advantageous.
• At least 2 years of successful fundraising across a range of development disciplines, with a demonstrated track record in designing and leading annual fund, major gifts and corporate/foundation efforts.
• Fluent in Russian, Romanian and English languages.
• Experience in establishing effective relationships with all levels of corporate and philanthropic leaders.
• Exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Excellent leadership qualities and ability to recruit, manage, and inspire a team of exceptional officers, staff and volunteer professionals.
• Ability to engage and enjoy problem solving, strategic thinking and creativity, is goal-oriented and takes initiative with good follow through.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, to establish and adhere to deadlines, and to effectively manage and solve crisis situations for positive outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to work with both print and digital media.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in fundraising, board engagement and communications (marketing and public relations).
• Ability and commitment to learn and support the mission, policies and practices of The Salvation Army in the Eastern Europe Territory.
• Valid driver’s license required. Travel within and outside the country as necessary.
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office tools and familiarity with donor management software and email applications.
The Head of Communications and Fundraising (HCF) has the responsibility to successfully lead all elements of the Territorial Communications and Fundraising Section, including all communications, marketing, advertising/media/digital and fundraising (major gifts, Wills & Bequests, direct marketing, digital fund raising, corporate giving, foundation grants). The HCF is an essential part of the Leadership Team and leads all strategies to advance The Salvation Army-EET as much as possible through annual support and breakthrough gifts, capital and endowment campaigns, philanthropic planning (bequests and estate gifts), as well as through awareness-building, brand positioning and leadership networking. The HCF works cooperatively with the Territorial leadership to adhere to and implement territorial communications and fundraising programs and practices and policies (eg. major gifts, donor data management, direct mail, digital).
For more information: